Code of Conduct
I. General terms
This code establishes moral and ethical norms, principles, and standards for the conduct of employees at “Ravnaco” OOD in accordance with the company-wide values laid down in the Company-wide policy, as well as the principles of the UN Global Compact, as a basis for the well-being of the company and everyone working in it .
The purpose of the Code of Ethics is to promote and develop the ideal of service to society by instilling high ethical standards in business, recognizing the importance of all useful work effort, as well as the aspiration of everyone working in the company to protect his name, the name of his profession and of “Ravnaco” OOD.
The Code of Ethics is a system of moral and ethical norms and rules that all employees of the company, including temporarily employed personnel, voluntarily undertake to observe, and implement.
II. Rules of conduct
General rules of conduct
In the performance of their official duties, employees of the company must observe the following rules of conduct:
- Unconditional compliance and respect for the rule of law, protection of the inseparable and universal values of human dignity, freedom, equality, and solidarity.
- Actions contrary to legal regulations or good commercial practice are unacceptable, regardless of the reasons justifying them. Good intentions do not justify committing illegal acts.
- Employees must avoid any action that is or could possibly be classified as damaging the good name of “Ravnaco” OOD.
- Compliance with legal regulations is at the heart of ethical business conduct. Although employees are not expected to know in detail all applicable laws, they should be familiar with the basic rules affecting their field of activity and, in case of doubt, seek the assistance of the company’s legal counsel.
- In their personal and professional lives, for everything they think, say, or do, the employees of “Ravnaco” OOD ask themselves the following four questions, which govern the ethical standards of the person:
- Is this the truth?
- Is it fair to everyone it affects?
- Will this create goodwill and better friendships?
- Will it benefit everyone it affects?
- In their relations, the employees of “Ravnaco” OOD obey only the interests of the company. They apply the established rules for a positive attitude, correctness, respect for the honor and dignity of others.
- In communicating with each other, the employees of the company are on an equal footing. The relationship between them is based on trust, tolerance, ethics, and mutual assistance. Professional and personal disagreements are not subject to public controversy.
- Behavior that harms the personal dignity and honor of every employee is not allowed.
- Employees at “Ravnaco” OOD:
- Respect the hierarchy in and on their official relations;
- Strive for objectivity and impartiality in decision-making;
- Take responsibility for their actions;
- They encourage feedback in every activity and in every workplace. They seek and accept opinions and opinions given by others. Actively participate in solving problems in the company;
- Tolerate free communication between manager and employee. Create and maintain collegial relationships in the team;
- Do not use their official position in the company to obtain any advantage or benefits for themselves or their relatives;
- They strive for organization in their thoughts and actions.
- It is unethical to file groundless complaints and make defamatory statements about company employees. Their public statements are aimed at objectivity and truth.
When performing their official duties and in their public life, the employees of “Ravnaco” OOD follow a behavior that does not damage the prestige of the company, such as:
- They correctly fulfill their obligations and commitments towards the company.
- They develop themselves and the people around them, and in this process, determine what is important, what is decisive and what is irrelevant. They do not threaten or violate the rights of colleagues and business partners.
- They condemn all forms of direct and indirect discrimination.
- They may not receive personal benefits (other than remuneration from the company) from an activity or service undertaken on behalf of and at the expense of the company. They may not accept cash or gifts except where such gifts are promotional materials.
- They are honest in their relations with partners and competitors.
- They use internal company information only during and on the performance of work related to “Ravnaco” OOD. They protect the company’s and company partners’ intellectual property. The relationship ensures confidentiality of our business and that of our partners.
- Exclude the presence of personal interest towards business partners or companies competing with the company and do not participate in any transactions that are incompatible with their position, functions, and duties.
- Comply with the Labor Code and the norms for health and safety at work, observe the laws regulating the company’s activities, as well as the company’s internal rules.
Relations with business partners
- This Code ensures a transparent and open policy in the Company’s activities.
- Build feelings of trust with business partners and the public.
- Promotes the fight against all forms of corruption and personal gain.
- Employees of the company participate and negotiate with business partners in good tone, in accordance with generally accepted principles and norms of correctness, giving due respect to their partner without showing unacceptable aggressiveness. They are positive in their actions and attitudes.
Relations with competition
- Competition in the medical equipment trade is continually intensifying, it is part of the market climate, and all Ravnaco OOD merchants comply with it.
- The employees of Ravnaco OOD monitor the development of competitors and share with each other all their actions.
- Ravnaco OOD employees treat competitors with respect.
- Company employees are aware that badmouthing, negative comments and denying the competition is not acceptable and is contrary to business ethics. Employees in the company highlight only the advantages of our products and services, as well as the advantages of the company itself.
III. Management team commitment
- The management team is committed only to apply to the highest degree and competently organize the implementation of the current shared company-wide values in the conditions of transparency, dialogue and free exchange of opinions, ideas, and suggestions, and in accordance with the Requirements for a good employee and manager in Ravnaco OOD.
- Takes all necessary actions to ensure the highest standards of quality, occupational health and safety, environmental protection, human capital development and transparent cooperation with all stakeholders inside and outside the company.
- Adheres to the principle of transparency and disclosure of commitments as a component of ISO standards for quality, environmental and occupational health, and safety management systems.
- Recognizes that it has a responsibility to make employees feel respected by respecting their personal dignity, encouraging their strengths, and creating a sense of security in the workplace.
- Provides all employees with an equal opportunity for professional realization, expression, and development by evaluating objectively and fairly the results achieved.
- Develops leadership qualities. Leadership is learning how to motivate, influence and direct others.
- Stimulates personal initiative, develops individuality, and works to increase staff motivation, including through fair and adequate remuneration.
- Promotes a sense of collegial respect, trust, and fairness to the company without tolerating actions contrary to shared policies and values.
- It shows zero tolerance for all forms of irresponsibility, duplicity, envy, gossip, lying, laziness, negligence, meanness, sycophancy.
- Ensures the protection of personal data and any confidential personal information of the Company’s employees that comes to his/her knowledge during or in connection with the performance of his/her duties and prevents any invasion of privacy.
- Ensure respect for all human rights and individual freedoms in the performance or on the performance of official duties.
- Lead a policy of open communication for the future improvement and development of this Code, company-wide policy, and culture.
IV. Company assets
- Employees should treat company property as their own property.
- The equipment is important for the job, the team, and the company.
- It is the duty of each employee to use the company’s resources for their intended purpose, to protect them from damage, loss, or theft.
- Company property may not be sold, exchanged, leased, or used for personal use without management approval.
V. Additional provisions
The norms of this Code are a voluntary moral and ethical obligation for the conduct of the employees of Ravnaco OOD. The immediate manager shall make the employee aware of the provisions of this Code when the employee first takes office.
Employees of the Company are required to comply with the provisions of this Code and, in connection therewith, to inform management of amendments and modifications to its provisions.
The provisions of this Code shall apply insofar as they do not conflict with the Labor Code and other applicable legislation.